Sunday 18 October 2015

Minah Saleh Celup

23/8/15 – Sunday, today was a really stressful for me..I don't really know why. This stress has not come from my colleagues but from my environment and guests. 4 to 10 guests asked me to change their rooms, all due to stupid reasons.

There was 1 lady who came up to me to check-in, quite late around 1am. She was Malay with redish / maroon hair. She was skinny but quite classy too. I checked her in and when she was in her room she called our operator. At that time our Duty Manager (DM) was working as operator. She yelled at him about not having Wifi in her room; she was freaking mad. My DM then called me and asked me to solve her problem.

The lady then came down to reception and was really mad. She said “this is 21st century, how come this hotel doesn't provide fucking wifi in my room?!!!!” I said “miss I'm sorry, our wifi is only  available in our premier rooms and above. If you wanna have wifi in your room please upgrade to premier or anything higher”. She went crazy... “hey! This is 2015 okay! How can your fcking hotel doesn’t have wifi in every room?” And I calmly told her “this hotel has been run like this for 14years already miss”. I was having a total mental breakdown at this point. I told her to wait a moment while I got my DM…

When my DM came to handle her, she raised her voice, and he told her not to shout. Then the lady said  “where in this world, a hotel doesn’t have wifi in all its rooms??!” And my DM said calmly “this hotel!”.. She was quiet for a sec but then yelled again... “Change me to a fucking room with wifi, I need to work. Do you know that in Mexico it is now day time and I have to work you know!" My DM then gave me a new room card & told me to make the card for a premiere room... i did what he said and gave the key to the lady. She then left and said thank you to me.

 I don’t know why but even though the lady act quite arrogantly, deep in my heart I felt proud of her. Maybe on her registration card she wrote Stockholm on address column. On the other hand, my DM called her ‘melayu murtad’ doesn’t mean stray from her religion but stray from the MALAY ATTITUDE it self. Because usually asian people are known for their politeness and kindness. But she didn't, we didn't see that in her

No comments:

Post a Comment