Sunday 18 October 2015

Bye bye Soleil Hotel

15/10/2015 – Thursday, today I started job hunting. Huh? What happened?..calm down readers I'll let you know shortly. Today I went job hunting, great experience walking in to places tying to get an interview. I started late, after lunch. 1st I went to Istana Hotel to look for any possibility there, but then when I ask their security guard, he seemed hopeless but showed me an advertisement for a job... thank God they also wants a receptionist. Then I told him that I'm gonna apply and he called Human resources department through their intercom. After that, he told me to come tomorrow in the morning. I thanked him and left.

Next place was Fraser Place Hotel. The hotel could barely seen from outside because the lobby was in between two other buildings.  I went in there and asked a bellboy at the concierge counter. He told me to wait for a person to come and bring a form. After a few minutes the guy appeared and handed me a form and asked me what position that I'm gonna apply for? I told him a Receptionist - he seemed a bit surprised as I don't think he thought I'd be asking for that post.. he gave me instructions on filling out the form without missing out anything, and to send the form back him asap... I took the form, thanked him and left.

I then walked through Jalan Raja Chulan, and stopped at Maple Suite Hotel and residence. I started to ask bellboy again and he told me to proceed to the reception counter. They told me that they have no vacancy but a female receptionist suggested that I try my luck at D’Majestic Hotel. I thanked her and left...

I also walked through any other hotels that I saw, giving me a hotel card and told me to contact their HR for interview appointment. After that, I went home and rested.

Hold on fellas!!.. So what happened to my previous job I can hear you all asking?!..OK, here is the story.. On 13th October 2015.. a few days ago, I started my shift at 3pm. It was all going well  until kak eton(DM) handed over a booking to me to extend a stay... they booking belonged to a ladyboy. About 3.30pm she came up to me telling that she wanted to extend her stay and change her room as well. I acknowledged that she’s going to change her room, as told to me by kak eton.

I checked the availability of rooms and I had a room that suit her requirements. I then asked her for payment, and she asked me to charge her card, but no with the actual card, but by giving me the card details. I called the reservation department for the booking support documents. When I got the supporting document, I tried to charge it her card. It couldn't be done without the actual credit card. Then, I asked her for cash. She told me that she will pay after 1 hour. So I just gave her a new room key. After an hour, I rang her room, but nobody picked up the phone, then after a few hours, I rang again, but still no answer. I assumed that she was out to get the money or had gone to dinner. Then, salam(the annoying DM as known as ‘botol kicap’) found that the room is not paid yet. He went up to the room and surprisingly the ladyboy was in the room with ‘ting tong’ state because she was taking a drug (ice or E) which are known drugs in Malaysia for ladyboy,gays and money-boys.

She refused to open the door and the ‘botol kicap’ took the decision to call our General Manager to take care of this matter but our Operations Manager was In-House. Without any further investigation, he called the police... after a couple of minutes our OM and GM appeared at the lobby. At that moment, I just working like usual. Then when I want to do closing account, ‘botol kicap’ called me and he said that I need to pay for the room before I go back or else I need to make a lodge report. At the same time, our OM told me the same as ‘botol kicap’.. Then I replied them telling that if they make a police report then I don’t have to pay for the room... I don't  have that amount of money and I'm not gonna help the ladyboy to stay for free.

Then, ‘botol kicap’ keep telling me to pay for it in any ways either I call my mom or siblings, *shit!! He has the heart of an animal, full of hatred. I keep thinking of my mom. I shook my head to get my head straight, then my friend's name appeared in my mind. I called him to lend me that amount of money - after a few minutes he arrived. I told him to sit and wait. After that, ‘botol kicap’ called me again and he said GM wants to talk to me.

I went straight to my DM's table and our GM (gajah betina kurang matang) was in front of me and she threw a BRILLIANT question to me “what happened to you ah?”.. I was silent, because I had nothing to say and she was knew what had happened. I assumed that it was really a fucking stupid question. You know Malaysian, we state the obvious and question about the obvious. For example, when you are sitting in a cinema and the movie is about to start, one of your friends bumps into you and asks “hey..what are you doing here?? Watching movie ahh?”…what will you answer? Because right now the movie about to start? I would say “eh no la…I'm farming a grape here..don't you saw it?”…that’s the things right?

So, I replied to her, “nothing to say”..then I saw she's about to reach her boiling point. She said “you tell your friend don't have to come and pay!!, I just don't want to see your face anymore!!!, you can give a 24hour notice and I don't want to give to you a single cent!!!” …then I replied “okay”.. I threw back the chair that I was sat on..and I walked away. After I did my paperwork, I grabbed my things and left... I tried so hard not to cry at this point... but when I reached the timekeeper to punch my last card.. Abg nasir(a nice security guard) intercom the timekeeper from cctv room. When I heard abg nasir voice, my tears started to appear. Abg nasir kept telling me  “be strong!..maybe have a silver lining from what happened”…meanwhile abg zaman(also nice security guard) told me to take everything in my locker so I didn't have to comeback and clear. Right after that, just a step away from the hotel…I cried so hard…

So yesterday I cooled down and today I started job hunting…

So readers please pray for my success and wish me luck…love you guys

XOXO

Credited to : Nick Townsend (English Corrector)

No comments:

Post a Comment